The SNICKERS® Marathon is one of the top Boston Qualifiers in the country. We pride ourselves on giving you an extraordinary experience, with plenty of Southern hospitality! From first-timers to veterans, our runners are our top priority. The marathon and half marathon course is filled with supportive volunteers, cheering spectators and the chance to make great friends. What better way to accomplish a lifetime achievement?
We pride ourselves on giving you an extraordinary experience, with plenty of Southern hospitality! From first-timers to veterans, our runners are our top priority. The marathon and half marathon course is filled with supportive volunteers, cheering spectators and the chance to make great friends. What better way to accomplish a lifetime achievement?
- Fast and flat
- This marathon will be a USATF-certified, Boston-qualifier course.
- Click Here to see the course map and elevation chart
There is a 7-hour course limit for the Marathon / Half Marathon.
All registered runners receive:
- An official technical shirt
- Commemorative finisher medal
- Race support including hydration stations every 2 miles
- Restrooms at all aid stations
- Official pacing support click here for more information
- Medical support every 2 miles
- Entertainment all along the course
- Runner goodie bag with coupons and product samples
- Free admission to the Health and Fitness Expo
- Discounted rates at various hotels
- Plenty of finish-line refreshments
- Opportunity to purchase official finish-line photos
- Clothing check, security, and enthusiastic spectators
The Albany Marathon, Inc. reserves the right to reject any entry and to disqualify and bar any individual from the race. This rejection/disqualification may be based on, but is not limited to non-payment of race fees, competing with an unofficial number, competing with an official number or tag assigned to another competitor, transferring or attempting to transfer an official number or tag to another person, crossing the finish line without having completed the entire course, and providing false information on race entry forms. The Albany Marathon, Inc. reserves the right to change the details of the race.
The course of the SNICKERS® Marathon is certified by race day to USATF standards and can therefore be used to establish qualification times for other events. Certification number for the Marathon will be posted by February 25, 2022
The Albany Marathon & Half Marathon starting line is located on Front Street next to Veteran's Park, near the Riverfront.
Both races begin at 7:00 a.m.
The SNICKERS® Marathon & Half Marathon starting line is located on Front Street at the James H. Gray Civic Center.
Runners will be given the opportunity to check their warm-up clothing prior to the race. The clothing will be organized for easy distribution to the runners at the finish line following their race. Not responsible for gear left on the course.
Hydration stations every 2 miles with water and the official sports drink Lemon-Lime Gatorade, medical support, clothing check, security, and enthusiastic spectators
Portable restrooms will be available at the Start/Finish line, and at every aid station.
Parking is available at the James H. Gray Civic Center next to the Start Line.