Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the start and finish lines?
The starting line is next to the Albany Civic Center on Front Street. The finish line is behind the Albany Welcome Center and just down the RiverWalk from the start line.
- What time does the race start?
Wheel/Crank Chairs start at 6:45; Marathon and ½ Marathon start at 7 AM.
- Where should I park?
Parking is available in the east rear parking lot of the Albany Civic Center on Front Street next to the start line.
- Is there a gear check for my belongings?
Gear check trailer is at the start line Saturday morning. Your gear will be available next to the hospitality tent when you finish the race. Please do not drop any personal belongings on the course as we can not guarantee their return.
- When & where are the awards presented, and who gets an award?
The awards ceremony is on the Horace King Overlook behind the Albany Welcome Center on Front Street and just up from the finish line. The awards will be awarded as the winners finish and the times are calculated. This will approximately begin at 10 AM and continue throughout the race. Age category awards will be presented to the top three in each age category as well as the overall winners from each race.
- Where is my timing chip? Your timing tag is attached to your race number. Make sure your number is visible at all times during the race—covering it up could prevent the chip from functioning properly. Family members can use this link once you have your race bib number http://results.xacte.com/track?id=1983 to track your progress once you cross approximately mile 10, 13.1 and 20.
- Where can I eat pasta before the race? There will be a pasta dinner at the Albany Civic Center from 6:00PM-8:00PM. If you’ve already paid, your name will be on a list by the door (no ticket is needed). Cost $15.
- Where can I meet up with my family after my race?
There will be a designated area for all spectators, friends and family behind the Albany Welcome Center just up from the finish line.
- Where are the water stations and restrooms? Water and restrooms available at the start line. Aid Stations with water and Lemon-Lime Gatorade, will be available almost every two miles on the course. Publix Fruit will be available around mile 8 through to the finish, and GU Gels will be available at miles 8, the halfway point, 18 and 23 on the marathon course.
- How can I get up to date information about the Marathon? Visit albanymarathon.com; Tweet us @AlbanyMarathon and share photos on instragram at @snickers_marathon. We love to hear of each runner’s story and visit here in Albany.
- What else can my family do while in town for the weekend? Downtown Albany Street Festival will kick off at Noon and will run until 9pm. Price is $5 for 10 and up; Kids under 10 Free. Runners will have a free ticket in the race packet. Share your stay with us through twitter @VisitAlbanyGA and on instagram at VisitAlbanyGA!